Friday, 11 March 2011

Dog took my seat!...

I've never been a dog lover really, to be honest I don't see the appeal with dogs but I can't see anyone agreeing with the above. So I was on the slowest line on the Tube today, it's green, apprantly has 'air conditioning' and always stops for a few minutes in a tunnel between West Brompton and Earls Court, I can never quiet figure why? Perhaps this is a good cause for a survey.

Enough gibberish...back to the story...

I sat down on a clearly marked 'priority for less able' seat and excitedly started playing FlickKick on my phone. I have never really been told off before until a (what seems like) a homeless man walks on at the far end of the carriage and starts to demand seats from people flashing his ticket holder and venting - "I got a disability card".

Did anyone seem to care? Not at all, did I? A little.

It was my turn, I really didn't think much of it but felt sorry for the man, now, I can comment to what I wanted to say to him...but I held back, I used (for what is about to unfold) what they call in the industry of 'common sense' - my head.

I saw this little creature behind him, bulging eyes and red pupils, at that point I knew it was time to stand and walk, honestly I couldn't be heartless, it felt right, in the worst way possible.

I stood for the rest of my short journey careless to what had just happened but ironically shocked at other people's refusal to hand over their seat to the blagger.

The moral of the story was that I got kicked off my seat on the Tube by a dog, in a nice way perhaps, put in simple terms.

To anyone, who is interested, here he is...







No comments:

Post a Comment